Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

~Video Editing Part 2 and Preparation for Test~

14th Entry... means today is the 14th week!!! Yay~~~~ ^_^ Today marks the last week of the semester 1 of 2010/2011. Wow... looking back to the first day of this sem, I guess I have grown a lot, not sideways but in terms of head knowledge and skills in various fields. Through all the power point tutorials that I have to do, those are the "teachers" that taught me how to download various things, edit photos, songs and videos.

This week, we were given a few important points on how to edit videos for teaching purposes. Each pair had to create a video based on a theme. My partner and I decided to create a video based on a father and son relationship. The reason why we chose this theme is because we want to emphasise that a father is also an important figure in the family as he is the breadwinner. Most of the time, people take the father figure for granted. They are under the impression that when they have emotional problems or other similar kind of problems, only mothers can handle it. However, that is not a true fact. Fathers show their concern too, only in a different way.


We have decided to centre it around the Chinese culture in order to bring to the public's attention that father and son relationship is also emphasised in the Chinese culture. We have also added two songs; one by Keith Urban entitled "Song for Dad" and the other by Josh Groban entitled "You Raise Me Up". These two songs are very suitable when we insert it in the video.




Honestly, it was really tough and time-consuming trying to create a video because with every added picture into the timeline, it shifts. There is a lot of careful editing to be done and that takes a lot of time. However, I guess it is only through practice that we can master the skills in editing videos.

I won't say that I am a pro now, but I will say that I am better than when I first started doing it. ^_^ Probably in the future, I may want to create more videos to sharpen my skills.

I guess that is all this week. Just want to wish everyone ALL THE BEST in the upcoming test next Monday. Hopefully as we read the Halliwell book, we will be able to understand the concepts and know how to apply them in answering the test questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment