Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

~Using Moyea and Finding Teaching Aids~

At the beginning of the class, Pn. Foziah showed us once more on how to use Moyea to download videos. Personally, after I have been introduced to Moyea, I cannot help but start downloading lots of educational videos! (This also includes short video clips on cartoons since children are very much attracted to that!) I have always wanted to have a collection of it because it is going to be very useful as my teaching aids in the future. I am aware that this is considered a plagiarism, but as long as I don't take it as my own video, I think I should be excused from the "cyber law"!

After that, we were given the chance to do our assignment in class so that if we need any help from our lecturer, we could do so at that moment! I feel that this is a good way to get us started on the assignment and to know what to expect from it. At least, after the "preview" of this round, I would know how to manage the REAL work better! So I'd like to thank you Pn Foziah for giving us the chance to do it in the classroom!


Anyway, we were asked to sit in pairs as we would need to discuss suitable teachings aids that can be used to teach the three topics given.


My partner (Woo) and I were given these topics:

Year 1: How Do I Get There?
Year 2: Follow Me
Year 3: Working People




Basically, for each year we have to specify what teaching aids we can use for each of the stages in a lesson.

For Year 1 and 2, we have decided to show them a video on how to give directions. To view the video, please click here.

We have also managed to find a task sheet where children can try to answer to see if they can remember what they have learnt. This task sheet centres on prepositions because when it comes to giving directions, prepositions are the key element needed to locate a place.

To locate the task sheet, click here.

For Year 3, basically we have decided to use a song from the fairy tale "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves", a video from youtube about different kinds of occupation, online role cards for children to play with and flash cards to teach the children about working people.


The video from youtube can be viewed here.

We also planned to introduce the "Cold Seat" game using the role cards whereby each child will sit on the cold seat and describe to the rest about his occupation. The other pupils will have to guess the name of the occupation.


We have also decided to play musical box whereby when the music stops, the child with the box needs to take out a flash card, mime the work of the occupation and let the rest guess the name of the occupation.

All right everyone. That is the end of this week's class. See you in the following week!

No comments:

Post a Comment